Chirstmas fun we didn't count on!
Dig my 70's counter top! Here is the out let that started to burn.
Yesterday we went to go visit with Steve's family to celebrate Christmas early as usual. Steve plugged in Pudd'ns DVD player to charge the battery to bring with us. As Steve unplugged it, it burned his hand. The prongs on the plug were a bit bent and it was hot to the touch. He thought that we had a defective item and would have to alert the manufacture. We left not thinking anything more of it.
When we got home Steve went to go clean the cat box since now I had my friends coming over for the evening. The cat box is right by the out let that he used to charge the DVD player. "Uh Maeve, you'd better come look at this" Steve tells me.
We ended up calling the fire dept to have some one come out to look at this and to make sure we were not going to go up in flames. They promised not to send a truck with lights & siren blaring.
I giggled like a school girl in the back ground while Steve talked on the phone.
Firemen were coming to my house.
They pulled up in this huge fire truck and blocked our drive way. The girls were set to arrive at any minute and I knew they might freak a bit to see this.
Sure enough, I knew exactly when Aussie & Athena showed up. I could hear Aussie say "Omg! Is Pudd'n ok??". I walked out front to meet them and fill them in.
GP is doing a happy dance at the prospect that all these people are here to see him and pet him.
When Dru walked in she said "Cool! you got me firemen for Christmas!"
The firemen gave us the ok after inspecting every thing.
Needless to say, Steve is now going to be checking the rest of our outlets to make sure they wont go up in flames.
I'm just happy I was not visibly drooling all over that hawt bald fireman that was standing in my dining room. (he was the same one that came out a few months back for a neighbor). And I'm also glad they shut the power off (all my candles were lit) because I'm sure Mr. Hawt fireman would of seen me sizing him up as if he were a side of beef.